Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oatmeal To Go

My husband took a bite and said "Wow honey, these are actually good". So I will gladly share the recipe with you. I'm sure using brown sugar helped though.

Oatmeal muffins

2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup Hot milk or Hot water
2 tbls butter or oil
1/3 cup brown sugar (I'm going to try sucanat next time)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs

1. Combine oats with hot milk or water and butter or oil. let sit for about 15 minutes to cook a little.
2. Combine rest of ingredients and then add to oat mixture.
3. Divide evenly into muffin tin. Use liners or grease your pan first. (or get a USA muffin pan and you don't have to grease or use liners.)
4. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes

Note: I only got 9 small muffins out of this batch. I think you could double it and have larger muffins.
Additional notes: I now double this recipe and get 12 good sized muffins. I also found that they should be kept in the refrigerator if not eaten within two days.

5 comments:

  1. I'll definitely try this recipe! They look so yummy and my girls still think muffins are "cupcakes" so they'll be quite a treat for them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary, my girls love muffins to. I might try adding some raisins in them next time and cutting back on the sugar amount.

      Delete
  2. I just made them. They are very chewy. I melted the butter and I used hot water because I ran out of milk. A very good breakfast on the run with some fruit. Thank you Paula, Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mom, glad you liked them. If you use really hot water and add the butter to it then you can skip the melting step.

      Delete
  3. I just made these today and my girls and some of their cousins really liked them! I put dried cranberries in mine. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete