Monday, December 16, 2013

Whole Grain Vegan Cranberry Muffins

While searching for a cranberry muffin recipe, I saw this one from King Arthur Flour. It got a good amount of reviews so I thought I would give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised and I will be making these again.

Whole Grain Vegan Cranberry Muffins - adapted from King Arthur Flour

2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries chopped
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup natural unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cups tomato juice or blended vegetable juice (e.g. V8) ***

***I used 3/4 cup V8 and 3/4 cup orange juice

1. Preheat oven to 400 and prepare your muffin pan.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir gently. do not over-mix.
5. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned around the edges and they have domed nicely.
6. Cool on a rack


No comments:

Post a Comment