Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Delicious Whole Wheat Bread

I experimented today and I am always so glad when my experiments turn out. I merged Amy's honey bread with my existing whole wheat bread recipe.
This fits almost perfectly in a 2lb loaf pan.


Whole Wheat Bread

1 1/2 Cups warm water
1/3 cup Olive Oil (EVOO)
1/3 cup honey
2 tsp salt (I like to use Real Salt)
1 generous cup of old fashioned oats
3 1/2 - 4 cups fresh milled whole wheat flour
1 Tbs Yeast (I use instant yeast)

Combine water, oil, honey, and salt.
Add half the flour, the oats and the yeast and stir well.
Add the rest of the flour. Let rest for about five minutes for the milled flour to absorb the liquids.
Knead until smooth and elastic.
Let rise until double.
Shape into loaf and let rise again.
Bake for 30 mins at 350.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Paula,

    What do you use to mill your flour?

    By the way the truffles look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane, I looked into grinding our own wheat earlier this year so Jason got me a Nutrimill for my birthday. Its been alot of fun and definitely a journey of learning. You can grind all kinds of other flours in it as well -rice, oats, barley; just nothing oily like nuts or flax seed. If you already have a Vitamix, I've heard you can get a dry blade attachment for it to grind lots of stuff.
    bless you

    ReplyDelete