Monday, June 24, 2013

Oven pancakes


After a couple long weeks of wedding preparation and child neglecting, I decided to make a special breakfast for my girls. I adapted this recipe from Ina Garten Tri-Berry Pancakes.
Topped with fresh berries and a bit of raspberry sauce I had left over.

She really liked it. 


Oven pancakes

2tbls unsalted butter plus more for dishes
3 large eggs
1/2 cup milk plus 2 tbls
3/4 cup fresh milled hard white wheat flour
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp kosher salt

Preheat oven to 425

Place 1 tsp of butter in each dish. ( I used 6 small ramekins) put in the oven so the butter melts.
Whisk eggs at medium speed until blended. Add milk. Slowly add flour, vanilla, 2 tbls melted butter and salt and mix until smooth.
When the butter is melted in the dishes, use a pastry brush to evenly coat the sides of the dish.
Divide the batter evenly between the dishes and bake for approximately 12 minutes until puffed and lightly browned.
Serve with fresh berries and maple syrup.


3 comments:

  1. What are you Paula, a gourmet or something?
    (Glad you stopped neglecting... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! only peacefully striving to be a gourmet. :) My girls are happy now.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Paula. I am going to try these with almond flour, and see how they turn out :-) Bless you!

    ReplyDelete